Interior Designer Tips For Creating Space
posted in Wallpaper by DFAO on 10:44 Nov 24th, 2014
0 customer reviews
When it comes to creating space using clever interior design, there are a few golden rules that work in most interiors. So whether you’re a home owner tired of feeling boxed up, or a property developer looking to add more value to your investment, Our expert interior designers in Richmond have come up with top tips for you to follow.
The Golden Rules Of Space Making From Interior Designers In Richmond
- De-clutter – It might seem obvious, but making a room feel more spacious needs to start with literally making more space by storing away unnecessary clutter. Thankfully, if you’re in the process of redecorating, you’ve probably shifted most things already. Be sure that you carefully consider each and every item you place back to avoid a repeat of the same.
- Use a light palette – Choosing bright coloured paint, furnishings and wallpaper will make a small space feel less constricted. Dark colours cast even darker shadows, which can result in a space that feels even smaller than it is.
- Keep flooring consistent and neutral – If you’ve adjoining rooms, using the same carpet or flooring will give the area an open plan feel. This will also harmonise the rooms, and make for a more welcoming and relaxing space. As well as this, using neutral colours will ensure that bold coloured wallpaper and furnishings will match differing decor throughout all rooms.
- Make good use of mirrors – If you’ve ever been fooled into thinking a room was larger than it actually was before you realised that the person stood directly opposite you was in fact you, then you’ll understand why mirrors are our interior designers in Richmond’s best friend when it comes to making a room feel more spacious, (especially cleverly placed ceiling to floor length mirrors).
- Use lighting ingeniously - Lighting can be dimmed or raised to make a small space feel more comfortable, and table and floor lamps are an excellent way of bringing this season’s colour into an intimate room in a way that’s effective, but not overwhelming.
Choose DFAO For A Superior Interior Design
However useful these tips are for creating space, A DFAO expert interior designer in Richmond can offer you a personal service to entirely suit your property and your tastes. Over the years, we have created an array of stunning interiors for a variety of different properties - both domestically and internationally.
Designs For All Occasions design luxury interiors with beautiful furnishings and more. For more information call us on 01276 691010, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to helping you breathe new life into your interiors.
Leave a Comment